Computerised Preferential Looking (PL) Cards
PL cards test using circle moved randomly to the right or left of the screen.
Other options target also moved vertically up and down or using square instead of circle.
PL Cards - Test features
- Start with a face animation to attract child attention
- Toggle vertical or horizontal test position
- Toggle circle or square shaped gratings
- Show/hide visual acuity level
- Change position of test target on the screen to a more central or more peripheral position. This position is kept for the duration of the test
- 10 different grating levels used in the test.
- Testing distance is 1 meter from the screen
- Test can be done using auto or manual methods
- When using horizontal position: Use Right Arrow or letter 'R' / Left Arrow or letter 'L' to indicate child gaze to the right or left respectively
- When using vertical position: Use Up Arrow or letter 'U' / Arrow Down or letter 'D' to indicate child gaze to Up or Down respectively
- Each grating level has 3 attempts, the test then progresses to the next gratings level until all the 10 levels are tested.
- Print test result which appear at the end of test, or record the outcome, and enclose in the patient chart. Tests can also be printed as a pdf file for EPR use.
- Use top rows number keys 1, 2...to 0 to select one of the 10 grating levels, 1 is the lowest grating.
- Click mouse, or use Space Bar to move target randomly on the screen to the R, L, U or D positions
- Manually record the direction of gaze of the child
- Record highest gratings level seen as shown on the screen